Young Phoenix Academy offers an exceptional Preschool Program for children aged three to six that lays complete foundations for school success. We understand that school readiness is a top priority, and have combined strong academics with opportunities for learning through open-ended play, fun, and exploration. Introducing school readiness skills and academic concepts is paired with imagination and creativity, healthy emotional regulation, strong social and communication skills and active movement throughout the day. The aim of the Preschool Program is to prepare our Young Phoenixes to go confidently to Kindergarten ready to spread their wings and fly!
Our specialised Preschool Program supports children’s Belonging, Being and Becoming through:
- Academic Foundations: Incorporating age-appropriate school readiness lessons covering into daily lessons to help children progressively build on their knowledge and skills.
- Hands-on Exploration: Encouraging children to get involved in tactile experiences to develop a deeper understanding of important concepts through investigation, exploration, asking questions, and engaging with materials and resources in meaningful ways.
- Reading and Writing: Reinforcing key concepts by providing children with plentiful opportunities to master the alphabet, printing, sight words, and early reading and writing, at their own pace.
- Numeracy and Maths: Providing children with opportunities to become familiar with mathematical concepts, functions, and activities through hands-on learning experiences.
- Wellbeing and Emotional Growth: Reinforcing children’s independence, individuality, self-care and healthy habits as a foundation for academic success.
We’ll Attend to Your Child’s Every Need
- Exceptional Educators: Our Educators are trained Early Childhood Professionals who truly value children’s education and care above all else.
- Stimulating Environments: Our classrooms and outdoor play spaces are purposefully designed to stimulate learning, movement, and exploration within a safe and supportive environment.
- Family Partnerships: We make it a priority to keep families up to date on their children’s daily routine, activities, educational program, and progress through regular communication updates and opportunities for family involvement.
- All Inclusive Offering: We understand how difficult it can be getting little ones out the door, which is why we’ve taken care of everything for you! Young Phoenix Academy offers a fully catered service that includes catered nutritionally balanced meals to minimise morning stress.
Our Philosophy for Working with Preschoolers
At Young Phoenix Academy, our Preschool Philosophy is focused on providing children with learning opportunities that will nurture their talents and abilities as a foundation for academic success. We see ourselves as guides throughout the school preparation process by equipping students with positive habits that set the standard for life-long learning and early mastery. We are proud to deliver a high quality Preschool Program that not only prepares children for school, but also instils within them a sense of pride in their learning, as a foundation for the future.
Preschooler’s Learning Outcomes
- Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- Children are confident and involved learners
- Children are effective communicators